Community Supported Agriculture is a unique venture that strives to connect farms, food and people in a mutually supportive community. CSA members pledge in advance to support a local grower for the full season, and in return, affiliates receive shares of produce. In other words, customers sign up and pay a lump sum to ensure their membership before harvest season begins. Receiving this funding helps farmers afford supplies and better plan for the season. Once it’s harvest time, members receive fresh fruits and vegetables once a week based on the available produce yielded. Members share the risks of crop failure and the benefits of bounteous bumper crops.
1. Great food! Our produce is fresh, delicious, and healthful. Our pesticide-free and nutrient rich soil allows us to produce flavorful fruits and vegetables.
2. You know exactly where your food comes from, who grows it, and how it’s grown. We encourage people to inquire about our practices and to share their knowledge. We want you to feel confident and comfortable about your food.
3. Supports sustainable agriculture and our local economy. Sustainable farming practices and buying local help lower negative impact on our environment.
4. Save money. By buying direct, members avoid paying retail prices and hidden costs of transportation and overhead.
5. Opportunity. Enjoy all that our beautiful farm offers. Connect with the land by helping us plan, plant and pick or by simply visiting. CSAs encourage community and meeting new people.
6. Meal planning is made easier.